Electrical Technician (Industrial Automation)
- Cross Pointe Rd, Columbus, OH 43230, USA
MJ Engineering is a 32-year old firm specializing in engineering services and the design, assembly and installation of custom automation equipment.
We are seeking an Technician to support the growth and expansion of our business. The individual in this position is responsible for fabrication, assembly, and testing of automation equipment in accordance with documentation provided by the engineering department.
We are looking for self-motivated professionals who are personally aligned with our company values, mission and brand. We support our employees with training, management, and coaching, but we won't micromanage and do expect you to apply your experience and professionalism to your job and demonstrate a commitment to your own professional growth.
Key responsibilities and qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with industrial control panel fabrication and wiring is required
- Experience with assembly of automation equipment is a plus
- Experience with painting, hand tools, power tools etc. is a plus
- Experience with Fanuc robot programming, service, support, repair is a plus
- Must be able to work closely with engineering and manufacturing personnel, both inside and outside the company
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, as is a willingness to learn new things
- Ability to develop questions and communicate technical information and specifications verbally with Engineering and disseminate pertinent information to the Purchasing, Marketing, and Sales departments is necessary
- Assists with providing feedback on manufacturing processes by assembling and installing components, testing and debugging of equipment and providing feedback to relevant parties
- Working computer knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is a requirement
- A self-driven, motivated, detail-oriented person is desired
- Ability to follow our safety program and work in a safe, efficient manner is a requirement
- Completes projects with assistance of Engineers
- This is a mid-level position. 2-3 years relevant work experience required.
- 5% - 20% travel may be required
To qualified candidates for our Technician position, we offer:
- Competitive wages.
- A rapid on-boarding program designed to accelerate learning and goal achievement, delivered by an accomplished leadership team dedicated to your personal success.
- Benefits package including 2 weeks paid vacation, sick/personal time, medical, dental, vision, 401K with matching, and a highly collaborative and autonomous work environment.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in central Ohio and no relocation is offered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking, drug-free environment. This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.
PLEASE NOTE: We are working with GO-HR to fill this position. All inquiries to our office will be redirected to GO-HR.