- 4449 Easton Way, Columbus, OH 43219, USA
We are seeking a full-time Paralegal to join our firm. The Paralegal is responsible for performing billable legal work under the direction of one or more attorneys in the office. This position assists lawyers by investigating facts, preparing legal documents, or researching legal precedent to support a legal proceeding, to formulate a defense, or to initiate legal action
Our success is measured by our clients’ satisfaction, and this role will play a pivotal role in the effort to satisfy and exceed clients’ needs. If you are looking for a career with a team of dedicated professionals that focus on probate, trusts, estate planning and legal ethics, in a supportive environment, the Law Office of Phillip A. King may be right for you.
- Organize files
- Calendar (Schedule) events
- Prepare legal forms in probate matters
- Draft letters and court documents
- Travel to court or county offices to file/record documents
- Draft estate planning documents
- Write reports and policies related to position
- Conduct thorough research about laws and judicial decisions (current as well as past cases)
- Help attorneys prepare cases for hearings
- Assist lawyers in the courtroom
- Communicate updates with clients and gather information
- Refer all questions from client and third parties to attorney
- Communicate with third parties under attorney’s direction
- Integrity, ethical and moral behavior regarding client confidences and information, company confidentiality, and overall team interactions
- Experience with delivering exceptional customer service
- Strong written and verbal skills required to produce regular communications to various stakeholders, including employees and vendors
- Critical thinking skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Efficient – able to handle demands while remaining flexible and adaptable to change
- Acts on strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked to do so
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Successful completion of certification program for paralegal is required
- 2+years of experience in a law firm - experience in probate and/or estate planning matters will be given preference.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficient in Customer Relations Management (CRM) software, Casemaker, Amicus, and Perfect Form, highly desired.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to talk to you. Please apply as directed on this website.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification.
This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATIONS AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE ANY INQUIRIES TO THE LAW OFFICE OF PHILIP A. KING WILL BE DIRECTED TO GO-HR.