- 3500 Snouffer Rd, Columbus, OH 43235, USA
THE COMPANY – BIRD+BULL, INC.
Based in Columbus Ohio, we are a full-service civil engineering and surveying firm that provides professional services to public and private sector clients. We are looking for a talented and experienced Project Surveyor. The Project Surveyor is responsible for technical performance on small projects or designated tasks on large projects. The work requires the application of standard surveying techniques and procedures, and professional judgement to make modifications in order to execute complex features or solutions.
If you are someone who rolls up your sleeves and gets the job done and is looking for a career with an established company, we may be right for you. In addition, we offer employees:
- An open-door culture with great people
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, and short- and long-term disability
- A matching 401(k)
- State of the art technology
- A strong commitment to continuing education and professional development and work-life balance
Above all, we offer the opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to the communities we serve. Motivated by a strong sense of mission, we seek people of exceptional talent, integrity, and professional commitment. Bird+Bull's employees are highly skilled and eager to learn more, ambitious on behalf of our clients, and creative in generating ideas.
We are seeking a full-time Survey Technician to join our team. The Survey Technician is responsible for making exact measurements, determining property boundaries, and providing data relevant to the shape, contour, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the surface for engineering, mapmaking, mining, land evaluation, construction, and other purposes.
- Search for section corners, property pins, and survey points.
- Operate surveying instruments such as prisms, levels, GPS, and distance-measuring equipment.
- Conduct surveys to determine the locations of natural features and man-made structures on the surface, underground, and underwater.
- Collect information needed to carry out new surveys, using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
- Prepare topographic and contour maps of land surveyed, including site features and other relevant information, such as charts, drawings, and survey notes.
- Position and hold the vertical rods, or targets, that theodolite operators use for sighting to measure angles, distances, and elevations.
- Set out and recover stakes, and marks.
- Record measurements and descriptive data, using notes, drawings, sketches, and tracings.
- Compile information necessary to stake projects using engineering plans.
- Operate and manage land-information computer systems, performing tasks such as storing data, making inquiries, and producing plots and reports.
- Compare survey calculations with applicable standards to determine adequacy of data.
- Stock vehicles with consumable materials such as lath, rebar, ribbon, etc.
- Lay out grids and determine horizontal and vertical controls.
- Run rods for benches and cross-section elevations.
- Perform calculations to determine earth curvature corrections, traverse closures and adjustments, azimuths, level runs, and placement of markers.
- Provide assistance in the development of methods and procedures for conducting field surveys.
- Place and hold measuring tapes when electronic distance-measuring equipment is not used.
- Perform manual labor, such as cutting brush for lines, carrying stakes, rebar, and other items.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- One to three years of experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying or a related Technical Field is required.
- [Must be a Registered Professional Land Surveyor or obtain certification within the first six months].
- [Must maintain continuing education requirements required for licensure].
- Experience using methods, techniques, and equipment of land surveying.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to talk to you. Please apply as directed on this website.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in Columbus and no relocation is offered. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO OUR HUMAN RESOURCES PARTNER