- 4449 Easton Way, Columbus, OH 43219, USA
THE COMPANY – CONFIDENTIAL
Based in Columbus Ohio, we are a full-service civil engineering and surveying firm that provides professional services to public and private sector clients. We are looking for a talented and experienced Project Surveyor. The Project Surveyor is responsible for technical performance on small projects or designated tasks on large projects. The work requires the application of standard surveying techniques and procedures, and professional judgement to make modifications in order to execute complex features or solutions.
If you are someone who rolls up your sleeves and gets the job done and is looking for a career with an established company, we may be right for you. In addition, we offer employees:
- An open-door culture with great people
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, and short- and long-term disability
- A matching 401(k)
- State of the art technology
- A strong commitment to continuing education and professional development and work-life balance
- Prepare legal descriptions for properties, easements and rights-of-way, preparation of plats, preparation of surveys.
- Write or direct the writing of descriptions of land to satisfy legal requirements according to standard surveying practices.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys.
- Compile field data into electronic format for designated tasks on projects.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate work of survey team on designated tasks.
- Verify accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
- Conduct research in surveying and mapping methods.
- Compute measurements and interpret survey data.
- Other duties as assigned.
YOU’LL NEED –
- Five – seven years of experience required.
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor is preferred. Maintain continuing education requirements required for licensure.
- Knowledge of the practical application of civil engineering science and technology.
- Ability to coordinate activities with clients, and other departments.
- Experience using effective practices, methods, techniques, and equipment of land surveying.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD Civil3D and other survey technologies.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local or state security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering schematics.
- Knowledge of standards of practice in Land Surveying and the Public Land Survey System.
- Ability to verify mathematical calculations, calculate geographic positions from survey data and gather physical survey data.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to talk to you. Please apply as directed on this website.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in Columbus and no relocation is offered. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO OUR HUMAN RESOURCES PARTNER