Project Civil Engineer I
- 3500 Snouffer Rd, Columbus, OH 43235, USA
THE COMPANY – BIRD+BULL INC.
Established in 1950, and headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Bird+Bull Inc. is a full-service civil engineering and surveying firm whose team has a combined 90+ years of engineering and surveying experience that provides professional services to public and private sector clients. At Bird+Bull, we believe it takes a strong work ethic, qualified personnel, and a true passion for the industry to continue to provide the kind of service our clients have come to expect.
Above all, we offer the opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to the communities we serve. Motivated by a strong sense of mission, we seek people of exceptional talent, integrity, and professional commitment. Bird+Bull's employees are highly skilled and eager to learn more, ambitious on behalf of our clients, and creative in generating ideas.
If you are someone who rolls up your sleeves and gets the job done and is looking for a career with an established company that has been in business for more than 65 years, Bird+Bull may be right for you. In addition, we offer employees:
- An open-door culture with great people
- State of the art technology
- Paid holidays and vacation time.
- The opportunity to participate in the company’s healthcare benefits and 401(k) program
- A strong commitment to continuing education and professional development
We are seeking a full-time Project Civil Engineer I to join our team. This position is responsible for working with Project Managers and the team preparing reports and developing plans and cost estimations for engineering design projects. This position assists in the preparation of site civil construction documents and is responsible for ensuring professional, consistent, timely and effective customer service.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, and other data to plan projects
- Consider costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning stages and risk analysis
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies verifying that projects comply with various regulations
- Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility
- Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government standards
- Present findings to the public on topics such as bid proposals, environmental impact statements, or property descriptions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- EI or EIT registration currently or within 6 months and a desire to ultimately become a PE.
- 1-4 years’ experience required.
- Knowledge of technical software.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Working knowledge of site-related design
- Ability to apply civil engineering concepts to problem solving
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Knowledge of the practical application of best engineering practices
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, and government regulations
- Experience using Autodesk products, storm water modeling software applications preferred
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in Columbus and no relocation is offered.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to talk to you. Please apply as directed on this website.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO GO-HR.