- 3500 Snouffer Rd, Columbus, OH 43235, USA
THE COMPANY – BIRD+BULL INC.
Established in 1950, and headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Bird+Bull Inc. is a full-service civil engineering and surveying firm whose team has a combined 90+ years of engineering and surveying experience that provides professional services to public and private sector clients. At Bird+Bull, we believe it takes a strong work ethic, qualified personnel, and a true passion for the industry to continue to provide the kind of service our clients have come to expect.
Above all, we offer the opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to the communities we serve. Motivated by a strong sense of mission, we seek people of exceptional talent, integrity, and professional commitment. Bird+Bull's employees are highly skilled and eager to learn more, ambitious on behalf of our clients, and creative in generating ideas.
If you are someone who rolls up your sleeves and gets the job done and is looking for a career with an established company that has been in business for more than 65 years, Bird+Bull may be right for you. In addition, we offer employees:
- An open-door culture with great people
- State of the art technology
- Paid holidays and vacation time.
- The opportunity to participate in the company’s healthcare benefits and 401(k) program
- A strong commitment to continuing education and professional development
We are seeking a full-time Project Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for planning, directing, or coordinating activities for private development projects with emphasis on emphasis on institutional, medical office, educational, large commercial, and residential projects. The focus of this position is to ensure that all required facilities are provided concurrent with development to standards. The position provides supervision, leadership, direction, and motivation for staff engineers and CAD Technicians. Responsible for ensuring professional, consistent, timely and effective customer service.. The focus of this position is to ensure that all required facilities are provided concurrent with development to standards. The position provides supervision, leadership, direction, and motivation for staff engineers and CAD Technicians. Responsible for ensuring professional, consistent, timely and effective customer service.
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in engineering projects.
- Direct, review, or approve project design changes.
- Confer with management and staff to discuss project specifications or procedures.
- Develop and explain proposals, reports, or findings to clients.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to develop project scope.
- Prepare budgets, bids, contracts, and construction estimates.
- Assess project feasibility by analyzing technology, resource needs, and market demand.
- Collaborate to develop project resources with regard to staff.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for engineering and technical work.
- Plan or direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, or repair of facilities or equipment.
- Perform administrative functions, such as reviewing or writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, or purchasing of materials or services.
- Collaborate with management to establish technical goals.
- Evaluate environmental regulations or social pressures related to environmental issues to inform strategic or operational decision-making.
- Solicit project support by conferring with officials or providing information to the public.
- Develop or implement programs to improve sustainability or reduce environmental impacts
- Evaluate the environmental impacts of engineering and development activities.
- Knowledge of the practical application of best engineering practices.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, and government regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, P.E.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Ohio
- High level of experience using Autodesk products, storm water modeling software applications.
- Additional registration in additional states
- LEED accreditation is preferred
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in Columbus and no relocation is offered.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to talk to you. Please apply as directed on this website.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO GO-HR.