- 3500 Snouffer Rd #225, , OH, Columbus, Ohio, us
Longevity. Reputation. Professionalism. Expertise. Established more than 50 years ago, Bird+Bull is a civil engineering and surveying firm located in Columbus, Ohio. At Bird+Bull, we believe it takes a strong work ethic, qualified employees, and a true passion for the industry to continue to provide the kind of service our clients have come to expect.
The culture at Bird+Bull, Inc. is fast-paced and full of variety. We are a diverse team of professionals dedicated to building stronger communities. In addition, we offer employees:
- A collaborative team and great environment
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Opportunity to work with established and upcoming industry professionals
- A strong commitment to continuing education and professional development
- State of the art technology
Our desired, well-rounded candidate is a team-player who puts others first. Are you someone who rolls up your sleeves and gets the job done, but does it with a smile? Are you an innovative thinker who can handle anything?
Our ideal candidate works with integrity and is a self-confident and trustworthy professional. Being a multi-tasker comes naturally to this organized self-starter. With the ability to think through situations and use common sense, this exceptional communicator can work independently but knows when to ask for help.
The Survey Technician assists the survey party chief in collecting field data and measurements necessary for design of construction projects, including topographic information, utility information, site features and photographs, and boundary information for commercial, roadway, and residential. The Survey Tech operates survey equipment such as a robotic total stations and global positioning system (GPS) receivers.
- High School Diploma Required. A Bachelor or technical degree in surveying, surveying technology, engineering technology, or construction sciences is preferred
- A great attitude and stays focused on a positive environment and productivity
- Ability to read and interpret maps, plans, and drawings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Software
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Good written and verbal skills
- Prior field survey experience is a plus but is not required
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations with a handheld calculator or similar device required.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in central Ohio and no relocation is offered.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to talk to you. Please apply as directed on this website.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in Columbus and no relocation is offered. Bird+Bull Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO GO-HR.