Purchasing Customer Service Associate
- 4889 Sinclair Rd, Columbus, OH 43229, USA
Swagelok, a designer, and manufacturer of the highest quality fluid system products is seeking a Full-time Purchasing and Customer Service Associate. You will be responsible for customer inquiries and acting as liaison between the customer and manufacturing operations. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
If you are looking for a career with a team of professionals dedicated to meeting the unique needs of customers from idea through to finished product, Swagelok may be right for you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promote and exhibit Swagelok Core Competencies.
- Promote a consistent, professional, and positive image of Swagelok.
- Promote the Swagelok brand in a professional manner.
- Respond to all customer inquiries, in a professional manner, including, but not limited to, ordering, quoting, technical service, shipping and delivery information.
- Prepare purchase orders and obtain purchased items by verifying specifications and price
- Enter transactions into the business system.
- Collaborate with Swagelok Corp. as required, including use of the internal messaging system.
- Qualify outside suppliers and maintain supplier files.
- Double check orders when required for accuracy as part of the Swagelok Quality System.
- Provide customer service support for the sales team, including assistance with quote requests, orders, and setup of consignments with the Distributor.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Maintain general cleanliness and organization of immediate desk area.
- Any other projects and tasks assigned.
To be a preferable candidate, you are/have:
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 2-5 years’ experience in marketing, business, logistics, or customer service.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
You would be a great fit for us if you are/have:
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize and solve problems.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong work ethic.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in central Ohio and no relocation is offered.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO GO-HR.
Swagelok is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking, drug-free environment. This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.