- 01 E Park Dr # 102, Harrisburg, PA 17111, Harrisburg, PA
ASC Group, Inc., a certified, women-owned cultural and environmental resources consulting company, is seeking a highly motivated and qualified candidate for the role of full-time Architectural Historian. The Architectural Historian is responsible for evaluating the eligibility of historic buildings for listing in the National Register of Historic Places, for Section 106 compliance, and Section 4(f) documentation. This position works with a team including archaeologists and environmental scientists. The Architectural Historian provides expertise in architectural history to the office.
- Perform literature review and records checks.
- Research archival/ historical documents.
- Conduct field work based on contracted projects.
- Complete Historic Research Survey Forms.
- Complete Determination of Effect Evaluations.
- Resolve adverse effects.
- Complete Section 4(f) Documents.
- Coordinate and communicate with consulting partners and clients.
- Complete/file Historic Architectural Building Survey (HABS) documents, Federal and State Level.
- Coordinating with state agencies (primarily State DOT and State SHPO).
- Conduct light marketing.
- Attend client/agency, consulting party, and public meetings
The ideal candidate:
- Has knowledge of architectural history (building types and styles) and will be familiar with regional historic architecture.
- Must have experience applying the NRHP Criteria for Evaluation and knowledge of Section 106 compliance.
- Should meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications (36 CFR 61) for Architectural History.
- Must have or obtain a valid driver's license.
A Bachelor’s degree in Architectural History, Historic Preservation, History, or a related field is required. The preferred candidate will have a Master’s degree in Architectural History, Historic Preservation, History, or a closely related field. A minimum of 3-4 years of cultural resource management with an emphasis on Section 106 regulations and compliance, determinations of eligibility for the National Register of Historic Places, and Section 4(f) documentation. Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in Harrisburg PA and no relocation is offered.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO GO-HR.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking, drug-free environment. This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.