Bookkeeping/Accounting Consultant – We’re Growing!
- 4889 Sinclair Rd, Columbus, OH 43229, USA
We are a woman-owned business that provides professional bookkeeping and accounting services and consulting to small- and medium-sized businesses. We help business owners create customized accounting systems to run their companies more efficiently, allowing them to focus on their true love: the reason they started their company in the first place. Our passion is watching businesses grow and prosper.
WE NEED TO ADD ANOTHER TEAM MEMBER TO OUR GROWING TEAM. Are you looking for a full-time Bookkeeping/Accounting Consultant position? (We’ll also consider candidates interested in part-time work, too!) The ideal candidate is a resourceful self-starter who can work independently, as well as part of a team. To be successful in this position you will need a have a high level of attention to detail, organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication, and self-direction.
If you are looking for a career with a Corporate Caring Finalist company where you can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, Warnick Consultants may be right for you. We offer flexible schedules to maintain work-life balance.
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including downloading and manual entry of expenses, deposits and other transactions into QuickBooks, Timeslips and other financial software programs to ensure accurate billing and data for clients.
- Analyze and reconcile various accounts and prepare a variety of reports, including statements of cash flow, balance sheets, income statements, and other reports as needed for analysis by businesses.
- Manage invoicing, AP/AR, and other tax or insurance payments per individual client needs.
- Conduct period end accounting for review by CPAs and in preparation for tax activity.
- Utilize judgment to evaluate client operations and recommend internal controls and processes to ensure company’s financial assets are protected.
- Build client base through providing quality services, sound bookkeeping/accounting guidance, and through expansion of consulting services and through attending networking events.
Essential skills: In addition to significant demonstrated experience with QuickBooks and accounting, the right candidate will:
- Have a commitment to maintaining excellent client service and delivery.
- Meet billable hour goals and revenue targets as outlined in performance expectations.
- Be flexible to meet client and business schedules and industry fluctuations.
- Develop knowledge of business operations and the industry to serve as a strong partner for clients.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail when entering information and managing client accounts.
- Confidently and accurately identify and suggest additional business solutions.
- Ability to collaborate in an office environment with other stakeholders and all levels of an organization.
- Develop and maintain a high level of functional and technical skills to ensure client confidence.
- Drive results and ensure quality outcomes in a timely and organized manner.
- Listen actively, ask clarifying questions, quickly assess issues, and develop action-oriented plans.
- Utilize strong written and verbal skills to produce regular communications to various stakeholders, including employees, clients, and vendors.
- QuickBooks certification (or ability to gain certification within 6 months of hire date) required.
- Three (3) years’ experience with QuickBooks strongly preferred.
- Associate degree or higher in accounting, finance, or related field required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel, QuickBooks, and Timeslips strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Flexible 4 or 5 day work week
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Simple IRA plan, includes employer match
- Short-term Disability plan (company-paid)
- Life insurance policy (company-paid)
- Company paid QuickBooks certification
- Mileage reimbursed at the company-approved rate
Salary Range: $45K+ for full time (40 hours) basis
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING GO-HR TO FILL THIS POSITION. ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO GO-HR.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking, drug-free environment. This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.