Environmental Specialist (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Office)
- 4889 Sinclair Rd, Columbus, OH 43229, USA
ASC Group, Inc., a certified, women-owned cultural and environmental resources consulting company, is seeking a highly motivated and qualified candidate for the role of full-time Environmental Specialist for our Harrisburg, PA office. The position requires good written and oral communications skills and the ability to work as part of a team. The position requires effective time-management, written communications skills, analytical, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be articulate with professional presence, and solid decision making, planning and organizational skills.
- Conducting wetland and waterways identification and delineations with minimal supervision and preparing the associated wetland reports.
- Plant and animal habitat surveys and preparing related reports and agency documentation with minimal supervision.
- Assisting with Phase I hazardous waste site investigations and writing Phase I Environmental Site Assessment reports.
- Preparing CEEs and BRPAs in the PennDOT ECMS system.
- Knowledge of PennDOT environmental procedures is required.
- Completing Waterway Permits – Section 404 and Section 401.
- Coordinating with project managers regarding project status.
- Coordinate and communicate with client and regulatory agencies regarding projects.
- Some travel will be required with occasional overnight stays.
- Assist with light marketing.
- Assist in proposal preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requires a BS in ecology, biology, environmental science, or similar field. A minimum of five years’ experience is preferred. Strong professional/technical writing, communication, and computer skills are required for this position. Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Must have or obtain a valid driver's license.
Experience with benthic macroinvertebrate studies and wetland mitigation methodology would be a plus, in addition to having a 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, PA asbestos and/or lead inspector licenses, GIS experience, and field/GPS experience.
In addition to competitive compensation, ASC Group offers medical/dental/vision benefits and paid time off. To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter outlining your salary expectations, along with a résumé as directed by this site.
ASC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job posting is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements by is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.