Sr DevOps Engineer
- 218 E Valley Rd, Carbondale, CO 81623, USA
Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains – we are a team that loves to play hard and work harder. As an Outside Magazine Best Place to Work 8 years running, we believe success is powered by our team’s happiness. We’re just a talented bunch of innovative developers, creative artists, social experts, email ninjas, search enthusiasts, anglers, alpine skiers, trail runners, environmentalists, who genuinely care about our client’s success.
Our vision is to be the premier digital agency in the hospitality industry by driving quality conversions and creating digital experiences that inspire and motivate travelers to place. Our mission is to create value and deliver measurable results to our clients through innovation and quality in the digital space. We focus on sustainable growth driven by the success of our clients, the strength of our team and a culture that encourages excellence in both our professional and personal lives.
This was previously posted as a Cloud Systems Engineer - no need to re-apply if you already applied.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, maintain and extend code-managed infrastructure for Bluetent’s SaaS services for all environments including production, test, shared development and local development environments.
- Implement, administer, and maintain our existing and new build automation; including provisioning, backups and restores, code deployments, upgrades, migrations, testing, maintenance and monitoring.
- Contribute to and maintain documentation of DevOps workflows.
- Conduct regular DevOps training sessions for new hires to ensure faster ‘speed to code’ and better developer experience in onboarding at Bluetent.
- Design and maintain protocols for provisioning new hire workstations and ensuring quality developer experience and workflow when working with the complex Bluetent application stack in a local and shared development environment.
- Facilitate, monitor and improve platform services scalability, reliability, security and maintenance.
- Contribute to the design, implement and maintain automation between platform services and NetSuite (ERP) for the purposes of accounting, billing, and/or client-facing services provided in NetSuite.
- Participate actively in team meetings, and other company functions.
- Participate in regular DevOps team meetings as a permanent member of the DevOps interdepartmental initiative.
- Meet regularly with platform services stakeholders to identify platform needs and communicate those needs to platform owner(s) for prioritization/roadmapping/budgeting.
The skills/qualifications we are looking for are:
- Minimum 3+ years experience in LAMP stack management, preferably in a code-managed environment, systems administration, maintenance and security, code revisioning, testing and deployment.
- Minimum 2+ years experience with PHP-based CMS systems (Drupal, Wordpress, Concrete5, Joomla) in a team environment. Symfony and/or Laravel experience a plus.
- Experience in many or all of the following or near equivalents: Nginx, PHP-FPM, MySQL, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCE, etc.), Node.js, Git, Jenkins, Chef, Vagrant, PHPUnit, SimpleTest, Behat, Selenium, jMeter, scripting (bash/perl/ruby/node/etc.)
- Seeks and obtains new skills and researches applicable new technologies through self-directed learning and professional development.
- Experience with regulatory compliance for example: PCI, PA, PII/GDPR, SOX, HIPAA is a plus.
- Experience in an InfoSec role is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.