- 218 E Valley Rd Suite 205, Carbondale, CO, United States
Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains – we are a team that loves to play hard and work harder. As an Outside Magazine Best Place to Work 8 years running, we believe success is powered by our team’s happiness. We’re just a talented bunch of innovative developers, creative artists, social experts, email ninjas, search enthusiasts, anglers, alpine skiers, trail runners, environmentalists, who genuinely care about our client’s success.
Our vision is to be the premier digital agency in the hospitality industry by driving quality conversions and creating digital experiences that inspire and motivate travelers to place. Our mission is to create value and deliver measurable results to our clients through innovation and quality in the digital space. We focus on sustainable growth driven by the success of our clients, the strength of our team and a culture that encourages excellence in both our professional and personal lives.
The Product Engineer I role is a junior developer position responsible for implementing new features, enhancements, design/ux improvements and bug fixes related to product efforts at Bluetent. A Product Engineer will implement features and interactions in accordance with the priorities defined by product leadership. Development will take place with stability, performance, supportability and extensibility in mind. As a junior position, the product engineer can expect direction, training and support from the product engineering team.
In this role, you will:
- Understand task requirements based on written and verbal communication.
- Attend daily stand-ups with the product team to review progress and plan goals for the day.
- Implement development solutions based on task requirements and guidance from product engineering team
- Handle concurrent development on multiple platforms
- Make minor design and architecture decisions without specific direction that reflect platform goals and software design patterns.
- Building scalable code and libraries for reuse.
- Document and/or comment efforts appropriately to assist future contributors.
- Use best-practice techniques when addressing application security.
The skills/qualifications we are looking for are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- 1 -2 years experience working in a collaborative software development environment.
- Working knowledge of Git, Github, JS, PHP
- Seeks and obtains new skills and researches applicable new technologies through self-directed learning and professional development.
- Exceptional communication, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with effective resolution of conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work well as a team, to shine as an individual, and to maintain a sense of humor.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.