Head of Customer Success
👉 We’re facing an unprecedented mental health crisis. Suicide claims more lives than war, murder, and natural disasters combined. And it’s getting worse, not better. Most people are trying to solve this problem by increasing access to mental health care. While access to care is important, it’s meaningless if care itself is ineffective. The reality is that today’s standard of care is only effective 15% of the time, which leads to endless (and sometimes fatal) trial-and-error treatment for millions of people.
✅ At Blueprint, we’re creating a new system of care where each patient benefits from all those that came before them. Our software platform arms therapists with data-driven insights to help them run more effective sessions and save time on documentation. With Blueprint, patients have a better chance at better mental health care.
🚀 We're ready to scale. Today, we work with thousands of therapists who have enrolled hundreds of thousands of their patients. We're now looking to take what we've learned and use it to help bring our platform to the masses to make measurement-based mental health care the new normal.
As Blueprint’s Head of Customer Success, you’ll play a pivotal role in helping us achieve our vision of high-quality evidence-based mental healthcare for all by leading a team of CSMs and Support Specialists to ensure our customers are successful, satisfied, and thriving.
From being hands-on with high-priority accounts to scaling up our CS operations as we grow, you will have the opportunity to shape our amazing community of customers and make a measurable impact on the quality of care being provided by mental health clinicians across the country.
Who you are...
- Results-driven: The Head of Customer Success should be focused on achieving measurable results and hitting team goals by being excellent at setting clear targets, prioritizing initiatives, and motivating their team to do their best work.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Able to identify opportunities, take calculated risks, and pivot quickly when necessary. The Head of Customer Success should have a strong understanding of how CS operations tie into company-wide goals and objectives and be able to generate creative solutions that help our company level up. Our ideal candidate has experience leading and operating in an early stage (Series A or earlier) B2B SaaS startup.
- Customer empathy: Understanding the customer deeply by putting yourself in their shoes and understanding their unique problems and opportunities. The Head of Customer Success should make everyone feel heard while simultaneously getting things done.
- Agility: A willingness to move quickly and shift priorities rapidly as the needs of the team and company evolve over time. The Head of Customer Success should be able to adapt to changing circumstances, prioritize effectively, and make decisions quickly. Critically, while you’ll be leading a small team, you should also be more than willing to role your sleeves up and get your hands dirty. Everybody takes the trash out.
- Strong Communication Skills: Clear and effective communication is key to success in any role, but particularly in customer success. The Head of Customer Success should be able to communicate effectively with customers, team members, and other stakeholders, building trust and fostering collaboration so that everyone feels motivated to do their best work.
What you'll do...
- Refine our customer success strategy that aligns with company goals and objectives
- Take ownership over key customer success KPIs (e.g., revenue retention, NPS, CSAT)
- Hire, train, and manage a team of customer success managers, support specialists, and related personnel, ensuring that they are meeting performance targets and delivering exceptional customer service
- Become hands-on with our key high-priority accounts and play an active role in our large group implementations and retention efforts
- Discover and execute expansion opportunities and areas for customer advancement
- Identify opportunities to improve our software and services based on customer feedback and collaborate with the product team to implement changes
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to develop strategies for customer acquisition and retention and drive high-quality content for sales enablement (e.g., case studies)
- Establish and track KPIs for the customer success team, and provide regular updates to the leadership team on progress toward goals
- Participate in the development of company-wide policies and procedures related to customer success and customer service
- 7+ years of experience in customer success or related field, preferably in an early-stage SaaS startup
- Proven success in scaling up a customer success team and driving customer satisfaction and retention, with strong metrics to back that up
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Analytical and data-driven, with the ability to use data to make informed decisions and drive results
- Passionate about mental health and making a difference in the lives of our customers
We offer a number of great benefits at Blueprint:
- Market-rate salary. Money isn’t everything, but we know it’s important. We base our compensation on objective market data based on the role and your level.
- Equity. Everyone deserves ownership, so on top of your base pay, you’ll also get stock options. All Blueprint employees are owners!
- Full benefits (medical, dental, and vision) and supplemental insurance options. No one plans to get sick or get hurt, but just in case, we got your back (and everything else)! Blueprint covers 75% of the premium for you and all dependents.
- Paid parental leave. We want to make sure you take the time you need to celebrate your newest addition.
- Unlimited PTO & sick days. Everyone needs time to recharge, whether that’s relaxing on a beach or binging a new (or old) TV show on your couch, so we offer unlimited PTO and sick days for you to use when you need them.
- Quarterly Offsites. Once a quarter, we get together as a team (usually at our Chicago HQ) to regroup, recharge, and rethink in-person. The week consists of lots of whiteboarding, brainstorming, and hanging out! We get a lot done during these weeks, but we also like to have some fun. 😜
- Do-your-best-work fund. Everyone is unique and works differently, so we offer every employee a one-time stipend to help build their dream workspace. Whether that’s a new chair, monitor, or keyboard, we want to make sure you’re equipped to do the best work of your career while at Blueprint.
At Blueprint, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Blueprint believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.