Senior HR Coordinator
- 2631 Sisson St, Baltimore, MD 21211, USA
Blue Water Baltimore's mission is to restore the quality of Baltimore's rivers, streams and Harbor to foster a healthy environment, a strong economy, and thriving communities. Blue Water Baltimore is 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that accomplishes a wide range of work and partners with diverse organizations and community stakeholders to reach its restoration, greening, and advocacy goals.
Our team is small, close-knit, and committed to the wellbeing and happiness of one another. Our workplace is flexible, casual, and fun. As an organization and individually, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. Read more at www.BlueWaterBaltimore.org.
The Senior Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: training, recruitment/employment, benefits management, payroll processing, new hire orientation, employment law compliance and annual salary grade analysis, management training and supporting in performance management. This position requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well to individuals at all levels within the organization.
Office & Administrative Support:
- Schedules and hosts monthly staff meetings, including communicating agenda to staff and taking notes
- Assists with employee recruitment-related tasks (placing job postings, reviewing applications to match applicants with job requirements, conducting phone screen interviews and background checks)
- Tracks the status of applicants and responds with any required follow up
- Disaggregates and tracks demographic data of applicants and hires to inform diversity and inclusion efforts
- Conducts new employee orientations and processes all associated paperwork
- Coordinates necessary IT and facilities needs with Administrative & Facilities Coordinator
Training and Development:
- Supports management with information and/or training (interviewing, performance review, discipline, sexual harassment, etc.)
- Supports JEDI committee in furthering institutional learning and implementation in pursuit of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Works with managers to identify professional development opportunities and make training plans for staff
- Maintains and processes worker’s compensation and disability claims
- Confers with management to develop or implement personnel policies and procedures
- Maintains employee personnel files and documentation
- Maintains and helps develop job descriptions
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9
- Maintains current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), ADA, FMLA, and other HR guidelines and laws
Performance Management :
- Monitors employee performance review process to ensure quality, equity and timeliness
- Conducts annual employee surveys as needed and contributes to formal response recommendation
- Coordinates employee recognition activities
- Administers benefits program, including communicating benefits information to employees, processing enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, and processing employee & employer retirement contributions
- Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process [EM2]
- Maintains and distributes an up-to-date list of new and canceled employees under each benefit plan
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintains up-to-date information in the timesheet and HRIS system
- Ensures timesheets are approved on time and fully approved for payroll
- Processes Payroll
- Researches and recommends increased efficiencies in payroll processing
Assists HR Consultant with:
- Assists with appropriate execution and resolution of employee relations issues (counseling, discipline, terminations, etc.)
- Tracks all employee disciplinary action and assists with processing terminations
- Coordinates leaves of absence in compliance with associated laws
- Responds promptly and accurately to employee requests and questions
- Coordinates separations including final paperwork, and conducts exit interviews
- Prepares and maintains the employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
- Administers compensation program and makes revisions as necessary
- Provides risk management guidance to staff in reference to new programs and employee duties, emergency policies, and other emerging concerns
- ·Other duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of labor laws and HR best practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt and act with a high level of professionalism and confidence
- A high degree of organization, attention to detail, creativity, ability to plan, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings with a flexible planned schedule
Local travel to various worksites is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Prior experience in all aspects of HR: employment policy, compensation, benefits and service programs, employee relations and communication, organizational development, training, affirmative action, analysis and reporting, and HRIS
- ·Bachelor's degree or the equivalent years of experience
- Two to five years HR Generalist experience
- Must be able to establish goals and meet objectives with minimal direction
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Nonprofit human resource experience.
- Coaching skills and employee relations experience highly desirable.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification or similar HR degree or certification.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting as well as offsite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
Salary starting at $45k DOE
Blue Water Baltimore offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation, personal, holiday, and sick time; health, vision, and dental insurance; and a tax-deferred retirement plan.
Blue Water Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, a drug free workplace, and compliant with ADA regulations as applicable.