- 340 Brooksbank Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7J 2C1, Canada
Blue Sky Booking has been a part of the West Coast aviation and tourism industry since 2001, servicing Vancouver’s iconic airlines of Harbour Air Seaplanes and Helijet through our cloud-based reservations system. With a well-established reputation in the local market, we’re looking for a savvy and engaging developer to propel our company to new heights.
You will love it here if you have an interest in aviation and are a creative problem solver. You will work directly with airlines to help them manage their operations, boost revenues and create exceptional booking experiences for their customers.
You’ll get to wear many hats and enjoy a startup mentality while having the stability and security that comes with an established company with our loyal long-term clients.
You will work closely with our Senior Software Developer to share the workload of projects by researching, designing and implementing new software solutions. On-going projects range from connecting to 3rd party distribution networks, working with government border agencies, building databases and websites along with programming peripherals. As a small company, you will provide direct support to our customers on a daily basis to assist with the set-up of our software, hardware and troubleshoot issues that have been reported.
- Strong C#, .NET and SQL programming skills
- Website and API development using ASP.NET MVC, jQuery
- Experience with SQL database administration
- Experience defining and implementing software tests
- Demonstrated research skills
- Professional customer service skills
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Strong communication skills both written & verbal
- Confident and eager to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Interest in aviation technology or flying
- Microsoft Azure: Cloud Services, SQL Azure, DevOps experience
- VB.NET, VBScript programming skills
- CSS and mobile response skills
- iOS and Android development experience
How do we value our team?
- Comprehensive health and benefit packages
- Vacation starting from Day 1
- Semi-flexible, work-from-home schedule based on business needs
- Continuous learning and development compensation
We are located in a bright office space beside the MEC and Park & Tilford in North Vancouver. There is public transit and street parking available.
If this sounds like your next career opportunity and you’d like to learn more, please send us your resume.