Material Handler 2 - Day Shift
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Job Posting Date: 27-Oct-2023
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Under general supervision, the Material Handler 2 operates forklift, overhead crane or other mobile equipment to perform a variety of intermediate and complex activities such as receiving inventory, loading and unloading, as well as staging and moving raw materials and finished goods within or near plant, yard, warehouse or work site.
Hours: 7AM-3PM M-F
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loads and unloads raw materials and finished goods onto or from pallets, industrial racks, trailers, trucks, etc.
- Transports materials from storage or production areas and places in designated area.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and transactions, including scanning requirements
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activiites
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent, or attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
- 3 months of related experience and/or training
- 6+ months of experience operating mobile equipment in a manufacturing or shipping environment
- Mobile equipment certification
Skills & Competencies:
- Basic computer skills
- Time Management - prioritizing work to meet internal and/or external customer demands
- Detail oriented - ensures accuracy of produce and documentation to meet internal and/or external customer demands
- Good communication skills
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.