Sr. EHS Coordinator
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Job Posting Date: 04-Dec-2023
- Department: Health & Safety
BlueScope Recycling (BRM) is a full-service, ferrous scrap metal recycler with processing facilities in Waterloo, Indiana, Delta, Ohio, and Mansfield, Ohio.
With a focus on delivering the highest level of service, BlueScope Recycling buys scrap from industrial generators, wholesale suppliers, and the general public.
As a processor, BlueScope Recycling transform raw ferrous scrap into specification melt products for primary and secondary producers of iron, steel, and stainless steel.
BlueScope Recycling is focused on achieving long-term sustainable growth by applying extensive knowledge and experience to support the unique needs of generators and consumers of scrap metal.
BlueScope Recycling is part of the BlueScope family of businesses. For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Sr. Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Coordinator will provide support and technical advice to ensure a robust HSE system. The Sr. HSE Coordinator will assist with developing, implementing and monitoring business-level HSE systems at their specific facility. Additionally, they will support management with compliance reporting and HSE-related activities at the location. The Sr. coordinator is also responsible for monthly safety training and new hire orientation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with developing and supporting written HSE systems and procedures
- Evolve a safety and health culture within the operations
- Facilitate health, safety, and environmental training for all plant personnel
- Assist with internal and external reporting
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are using, caring for and maintaining proper PPE.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an HSE data collection system
- Provide essential First Aid treatment as needed.
- Recordkeeping administrator, including OSHA 300 Log
- Support and complete incident investigations
- Coordinate industrial hygiene sampling for air, noise, and other environmental stressors
- Perform internal auditing and inspections for system compliance
- Injury management administrator
- Assist in coordinating required environmental data collection activities, field inspections, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements as is necessary to comply with air and water pollution permits
- Evaluate and determine appropriate proactive safety strategies for projects that may have an impact on the facility or employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Science or similar
- 5+ years of experience in a Health, Safety, and/or Environmental role
- Strong understanding and knowledge of OSHA/EPA compliance standards.
- Strong communication skills; written and oral
- Training experience
- Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to interface with all levels of employee and organizational functions
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
BlueScope Recycling and Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are driving forces in the success of our company.