Sr. Industrial Account Representative
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Job Posting Date: 27-Nov-2023
- Department: Commercial &Industry Relations
BlueScope Recycling (BRM) is a full-service, ferrous scrap metal recycler with processing facilities in Waterloo, Indiana, Delta, Ohio, and Mansfield, Ohio.
With a focus on delivering the highest level of service, BlueScope Recycling buys scrap from industrial generators, wholesale suppliers, and the general public.
As a processor, BlueScope Recycling transform raw ferrous scrap into specification melt products for primary and secondary producers of iron, steel, and stainless steel.
BlueScope Recycling is focused on achieving long-term sustainable growth by applying extensive knowledge and experience to support the unique needs of generators and consumers of scrap metal.
BlueScope Recycling is part of the BlueScope family of businesses. For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Summary: Responsibilities include soliciting potential customers and traveling to customer locations to sell an organization's products or services. This requires finding buying opportunities, contacting many potential customers, demonstrating the industrial product or service, and closing the sale with the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop, and maintain scrap metal solutions for industrial manufacturers to include an administration, operational and marketing plan for each account
- Visit and entertain accounts to develop strong customer relationships and create business opportunities
- Address customer issues in a timely manner in relation to operational or administrative issues
- Ability to coordinate and execute across many different facets of our organization, including our down streams, steel mills, recycling yards, and brokerage teammates
- BS Degree in business or sales
- Minimum 3 years of marketing/sales within the steel or freight industry.
- Experience with customer development, negotiating and service within Industrial account management is required
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of scrap pricing, material identification, costs, operations, and transportation.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
BlueScope Recycling and Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are driving forces in the success of our company.