Production Associate - 1st Shift
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Job Posting Date: 28-Nov-2023
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Under direct supervision, the Production Associate assists in the production process by loading and unloading material from machines, conveyors, and mobile equipment; supplying or holding materials or tools; placing material in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting or wrapping; as well as stacking and banding material or products.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists by loading and unloading material from machines, conveyors, etc.
- Assists in the placement of products on equipment or work surfaces, supplying or holding materials or tools
- Assembling materials with a torque gun
- Following instructions on what nuts and bolts to use for a particular piece.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned
- The hours for this role are 7am-3pm Monday-Friday.
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent, or attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- 1-year experience in a manufacturing environment
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.