- Job Posting Date: 08-Nov-2023
- Department: Manufacturing
BlueScope Recycling (BRM) is a full-service, ferrous scrap metal recycler with processing facilities in Waterloo, IN, Delta, OH and Mansfield, OH.
With a focus on delivering the highest level of service, BlueScope Recycling buys scrap from industrial generators, wholesale suppliers, and the general public.
As a processor, BlueScope Recycling transform raw ferrous scrap into specification melt products for primary and secondary producers of iron, steel, and stainless steel.
BlueScope Recycling is focused on achieving long-term sustainable growth by applying extensive knowledge and experience to support the unique needs of generators and consumers of scrap metal.
BlueScope Recycling is part of the BlueScope family of businesses. For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Coordinates and implements the activities of workers engaged in the repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and end equipment. The Supervisor will perform the duties personally or through subordinate technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that scheduled repairs, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools and equipment are completed accurately and on-time to ensure continuation of production operations in line with determined work priorities.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to improve existing products and processes.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Maintains preventative maintenance program in conjunction with maintenance staff.
- Directs the inspections of machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Increases the reliability and utilization of machines and equipment.
- Discusses equipment needs and modifications with OEM, vendors and management.
- Requests tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations, also obtains quotes for projects and equipment.
- Conducts annual performance reviews, provides timely feedback and mentoring throughout the year and trains new hires on company policies and procedures.
- Confers with management to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Confers with management to resolve any personnel issues.
- Assists in controlling costs in conjunction with departmental budgets.
- Monitors employee training, while suggesting needed changes to workers, and work procedures as needed.
- Involved in continuous improvement initiatives that affect production methods, equipment performance, and quality of products.
- Supervise and motivate employees to achieve maintenance goals.
- Responsible for maintenance personnel safety, and compliance with company policy, conducting disciplinary actions as needed.
- 5+ years of maintenance experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong verbal skills to communicate with internal and external customers
- Strong writing skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Strong computer skills (working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Advanced Problem-Solving Skills
- Advanced mathematical skills
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks at once.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Walk, sit, stand, stoop for long periods of time
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Exposure to physical operations in scrap recycling facilities, including walking/climbing in active industrial yards with uneven surfaces in inclement weather
- No budget responsibility
- 8+ direct reports
- No sponsorship available
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.