- Job Posting Date: 07-Nov-2023
- Department: Administration
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Administrative Assistant provides general administrative and operational support in a variety of functions for an individual, team, or department. The Administrative Assistant collects, reviews and analyzes data and uses word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics software skills to prepare reports, charts, budgets, and other presentation materials. They respond to or route routine inquiries from external and internal sources and may also schedule and coordinate meetings, travel, and other group activities.
- Contact company personnel at all levels to collect, compile, and analyze data and information for inclusion in reports, presentation materials, and projects.
- Compose correspondence and create charts, graphs, or tables as necessary.
- Communicate and coordinate activities between departments and outside parties.
- Manage schedules and arrange appointments, travel, events, conferences and meetings, virtual meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Maintain office supply inventory and coordinate office equipment needs.
- Manage expense reports and tracking.
- Greet visitors and screen incoming phone calls.
- Maintain electronic and paper files.
- Coordinate receipt and shipment of mail and other items.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of administrative experience
- Associates degree
- 5+ years of administrative experience
Skills & Competencies
- Communication verbal and written
- Organization skills
- Time management
- Planning and prioritizing skills
- Customer focus
- Team oriented
- PC competent including Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.