Electrical Maintenance Technician - 2nd shift
- Shift: 2nd Shift
- Job Posting Date: 25-Oct-2023
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The position is a 2nd shift position. Hours: 6pm to 6am (12-hour shifts)
- Troubleshoot, repair, problem-solve, and maintain all electrical control problems for all manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshooting machine malfunctions using electronic and PLC techniques
- Performs routine, emergency, and preventive maintenance on all electrical equipment/parts.
- Study equipment manuals to develop audit items and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Install or assist in the installation of new equipment, including proper layout and alignment.
- Makes preventative maintenance checks and inspections as required and on time.
- Identify, research, prepare and present solutions to control problems and continuous improvement projects.
- Evaluate equipment malfunctions with a sense of urgency to minimize downtime.
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
- Modify equipment as necessary to improve safety, quality, productivity, and reliability.
- Perform tasks in a quality fashion by meeting or exceeding the internal customers’ requirements.
- Communicate professionally with plant personnel as to the important repair steps taken, parts ordered, and estimated time to complete the repairs or projects.
- Maintains proper housekeeping expectation for work area, equipment and tools.
To perform satisfactorily in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Journeyman licensed with 5+ years of experience in an industrial electrical maintenance position.
- PLC experience, preferably Allen Bradley such as SLC 500, RSlogix 5/500/5000, PLC5, ControlLogix, Micrologix, and Panelview systems
- Strong electrical knowledge (circuit breakers and fixtures).
- Demonstrated fault finding experience.
- Proficient in reading blueprints and schematics.
- Proficient communication skills – particularly, the ability to explain complex electrical issues.
- Must be able to perform physically demanding work, such as climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, twisting, and bending for extended periods of time.
- Reliability, dependability, and self-motivation.
The ability to read and comprehend documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and simple correspondence. Also, the ability to communicate information in small group situations to other employees.
Ability to calculate figure’s and amounts such as fractions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding, to perform work instruction’s that are furnished in written, oral and/or diagram form also, the ability to solve problems’ that involve multiple variables in a standard situation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance. The employee will be required to be capable of lifting a minimum weight of 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth
The pay range for this position is $35-39/an hour.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.