Project Management Intern
- Job Posting Date: 13-Oct-2023
- Department: Builder Services
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
- Develop understanding of frontlog/backlog process and reporting
- Learn to report on monthly project financials
- Learn to review bid documents and estimates
- Develop understanding of BBNA systems and software
- Work with PA’s/PM’s/PEM’s on Continuous Improvement projects and developing project controls
- Learn project risk assessment and mitigation
- Develop understanding of claims/back charge process and resolution
- Learn project intake processes.
- Learn how to clarify and plan a project schedule.
- Learn how to manage schedules of and expectations of a team.
- Learn to coordinate with different project disciplines.
- Gain a better overall understanding of building projects from design through fabrication.
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Junior or Senior
- Demonstrate proficiency in latest design software and other Windows-based software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational skills
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Interest in Structural Design
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.