Servicenow Software Engineer III
- Job Posting Date: 25-Aug-2023
- Department: Information Systems
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Software Development group creates and supports customer-facing software applications and solutions. The department applies best practices and innovative technology to stakeholder and business issues to find solutions that maximize investment value.
The Software Engineer III develops software and provides advanced technical support in adherence to company standards, policies, and procedures. The Software Engineer III demonstrates a unique aptitude for full stack development including React.
- Proactively researches and applies new technology and methods to solve assigned tasks. Independently utilizes professional discretion to achieve project goals with minimal oversight.
- Develops code of high (application level) complexity consistent with specifications and performs unit testing of such code with minimal oversight and little to no assistance.
- Work with other IT staff to troubleshoot and resolve defects in software applications and systems.
- Perform formal unit and integration testing on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Communicates clearly in writing and verbally the specific logic involved in assigned tasks and other system documentation.
- Performs peer code reviews and collaborates with team to improve overall design and code quality. Makes recommendations for system improvements and architectural direction to architects, leads and development managers.
- Associates degree or 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have 3 years of ServiceNow Developer experience.
- 5 years of professional development experience building web services using C#.Net, React, WPF, SQL, WebAPI, and other related technologies.
- Considered an expert in Web Services development.
- 1-year professional experience architecting a software application using applicable technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Professional certifications commiserate with Job Requirements.
- 10 years of professional development experience.
- Experience writing software deliverables professionally, from conception to delivery.
- Considered an expert in front-end design patterns within React.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.