- Job Posting Date: 10-Nov-2023
- Department: Human Resources
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Shared Services department consults with North American business leaders and supports their employees by providing a full range of HR services including planning, recruiting, employee relations, training, compensation, benefits, HR systems, and payroll.
The Compensation Analyst supports and administers the company’s compensation programs. You will analyze data and use results to consult with management and Human Resources teams to assist the company in attracting, motivating, and retaining top talent. As the Compensation Analyst you will:
- Support and administer the annual compensation program – including the market -based job analysis, policies and procedures, structure comparison with the market and internal comparisons, and working closely with business partners.
- Partner with HRIS team to develop new processes and enhanced reporting capabilities to improve the service offerings of the compensation team.
- Administer and support incentive plans as required.
- Use external market and internal equity data to make competitive and equitable salary recommendations and to review and/or support salary change requests.
- Research and analyze market data obtained from salary surveys and other sources. Track trends and use data to complete market analyses for projects, consult with management, and ensure the company’s compensation structure is current and relevant.
- Assist management and Human Resources teams with various projects, and consult on compensation topics as needed. This may include coaching and educating management, research, process design, analysis of costs, impacts, obstacles, or budget data, as well as reporting.
- Monitor programs to ensure compliance with internal policies and external compliance (i.e. FLSA and state specific wage regulations)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of human resources, compensation, or finance/accounting related experience
- Working knowledge of regulations such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Bachelor’s degree specific to Human Resource or Business
- SHRM-CP, PHR, or CCP certification
- Working knowledge of basic accounting
- Working knowledge of HRIS such as Workday
Skills & Competencies:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to set and achieve goals and deadlines
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication, consulting, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Customer service and resolution skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapt to a changing landscape
- Internal pay equity, including gender equity
- Market pay competitiveness
- Compliance with regulatory and company policies
- Efficient and accurate funding and administration of retirement plans
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.