Brand Quality Manager
- Job Posting Date: 01-Nov-2023
- Department: Builder Services
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Brand Quality Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a Butler strategic quality plan in alignment with the overall BBNA quality strategy. This plan will be focused on significantly improving the quality results for Butler as it relates to the areas of Sales, Estimating and Builder Services. The manager is a member of the Butler leadership team and will professionally represent Butler quality both internally and externally.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Focus on safety to achieve company’s goal of Zero Harm.
- Contribute to providing services and products with Zero Defects.
- Develop and implement a quality strategy for Butler ensuring alignment with BBNA quality strategy. This will focus on functional areas of Sales, Estimating and Builder Services. Implement total quality operational excellence policies and programs within Butler. Create a Butler-wide culture of quality
- Participate in cross functional teams in the development and implementation of target metrics related to quality for Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing and Builder Services.
- Lead and execute the collection, analysis, and interpretation of claims data and work with the leaders inside Butler and across BBNA to facilitate improvements. Ensure appropriate business processes are documented and implemented and training is available, so the required quality standards exist to fully meet the needs of the business and customers.
- Lead audits within Sales, Estimating and Builder Services for adherence to company procedures and standards. Report audit findings to BBNA Quality Improvement Manager and provide recommendation on corrective action plan.
- Proactively review claim trends across Butler and lead implementation plans for quality improvement.
- Create and maintain a quality dashboard and provide regular communication with the Butler.
- Lead Team and with all Butler associates to share learnings and status updates.
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field. In lieu of degree 10 years of relevant experience is required
5 years of experience in quality management, continuous improvement, project management, or related field
Knowledge of Production Engineering, Manufacturing and Project Management processes
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
Knowledge of internal company policies and procedures related to Engineering, Manufacturing and Builder Services
Six Sigma Green Belt
Professional Engineering License
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.