Construction Consultant (Remote)
- Job Posting Date: 31-Oct-2023
- Department: Builder Services
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Construction Consultant represents the company’s interests on jobsites by providing inspections, erector training, field calls and claims processing. The Construction Consultant spends significant time traveling to jobsites and writing follow-up reports.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Travel on short notice to States and countries in assigned territories
- Perform warranty and claim inspections
- Write field reports for the company and Builders
- Assist regions with claim resolutions
- Provide software training for erectors
- Assist Product Excellence team to test new products
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of Engineering, Manufacturing, or Quality Control experience
- Experience with Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings (PEMB)
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- OSHA Safety certification
- Field experience erecting steel buildings
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.