- Shift: 1st Shift
- Job Posting Date: 30-Oct-2023
- Department: Production Engineering
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Engineering department provides safe, creative, quality and “in place cost efficient” structural and construction engineering solutions for internal customers (e.g. manufacturing, project management and field erection) as well as external customers with superior customer service.
The Lead Technician uses engineering systems and drawings to provide project coordination and structural design services and models for customer in addition to coordinating and providing leadership to the production technicians.
- Detail building parts and create fab drawings from engineering design and project notes
- Create erection drawings, approval drawings, permit drawings, and anchor rod drawings
- Develops own advanced product and procedure knowledge and improves technical knowledge
- Uploads parts and edit parts into the manufacturing system and releases to manufacturing
- Collaborates with project teams to discuss problems and challenges and help create solutions to move forward in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Assures customer service needs are met by meeting schedules
- Focuses on achieving department objective and profitability goals and continuous improvement as part of a high performance work team
- Quality Check peers’ projects
- Supervises and reviews work of Design Team. Directs, mentors, trains and prepares staff for career development.
- Develops and monitors standard processes.
- Associate or 2-year technical degree or 6 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Proficient in Algebra and Trigonometry
- CAD training
- Competence with industry standards and practices for detailing structural steel
- Thorough product knowledge
- 6 years of pre-engineered building (PEB) or conventional steel detailing experience
- Experience leading complex projects and directing multiple technicians (project team)
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- Proficient in company products, standards, practices and processes
- 8 years of pre-engineered building (PEB) or conventional steel detailing experience
- General knowledge of construction processes
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.