Customer Experience Representative - Temporary
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Job Posting Date: 26-Oct-2023
- Department: Customer Service
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Customer Experience position is a 3 to 6-month temporary position.
The Customer Experience Representative serves as the primary contact for customers and/or consignees of BlueScope Coated Products. The Customer Experience Representative is responsible for customer communication, order entry, and inventory management. The Customer Experience Representative ensures that customer requirements are met and that customers are satisfied with the company services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives customer purchase orders and enters sales orders & work orders
- Audits their own order entry as well as order entry of others as part of the contract review process
- Enters and updates as needed accurate Requested Date, Promised Date & Scheduled Date for every order
- Item creation
- Communicates the weekly customer scheduling requirements to CXTL
- Responsible for the creation and reporting of customer specific open order status and other customer reporting on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis
- Communicates proactively with internal and external customers
- Responsible for communicating daily with all levels of employees to assist in resolving problems and achieving company goals
- Coordinates APQP process for new customers and or new products for existing customers
- Coordinates the resolution of customer issues & problems with Quality, Operations & External Sales
- Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices and prepare invoices for returned goods
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investiga+tion results or any planned adjustments
- Determine charges for services requested
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental principles associated with the Quality and Environmental Managements systems in place at BlueScope Coated Products
- Complete all assigned training and testing
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
In addition, all employees are responsible to recycle all recyclable materials including but not limited to paper, plastics, cardboard, ink cartridges, etc. Good housekeeping practices are essential as a preventative measure.
To perform satisfactorily in this position, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for employees with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree Arts or related degree preferred
- A minimum 2 years of experience or related work experience is required
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence. In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one, in small group situations and settings is required.
Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and statistics. Some positions may require advance mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must. In addition, the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a diversified work force
- An understanding of metal, paint characteristics and coil coating lines is a plus, but not required
- Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/ or criminal background check
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.