Welder (2nd Shift)
- Shift: 2nd Shift
- Job Posting Date: 26-Oct-2023
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Welder joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques and operating welding equipment. Welders interpret blueprints, specifications, drawings or schematics to determine appropriate welding processes.
In addition to complying with all safety, environmental, quality, and core policies, and contributing to the company’s Zero Harm and Zero Defects commitment, the following briefly describes primary activities (not all activities) that are regularly performed
- Understand and use fabrication shop drawings, exception drawings and weld codes.
- Ability to set up and maintain your assigned GMAW station and equipment.
- Good mechanical and trouble shooting skills.
- Understand and use the basic layout of metal buildings.
- Understand and use reference detail manuals and fabrication reference manuals.
- Understand proper tagging procedures of beams.
- Understand all components that make up a beam.
- Overhead crane operation.
- Perform daily maintenance checks on equipment.
- Dimensional inspect product using standard measuring equipment.
- Meets all quality assurance standards.
- Complete safety training program for welding position.
- Responsible for housekeeping in work area.
- Ability to read and understand work instructions, assignments, drawings and reference material.
- Ability to interpret and act upon a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Follow all safety and operating instructions.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, or ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
- One year welding experience preferably in manufacturing or heavy industrial setting
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.