- Shift: BRM Shift
- Job Posting Date: 24-Oct-2023
- Department: Manufacturing
BlueScope Recycling (BRM) is a full-service, ferrous scrap metal recycler with processing facilities in Waterloo, Indiana, Delta, Ohio, and Mansfield, Ohio.
With a focus on delivering the highest level of service, BlueScope Recycling buys scrap from industrial generators, wholesale suppliers, and the general public.
As a processor, BlueScope Recycling transform raw ferrous scrap into specification melt products for primary and secondary producers of iron, steel, and stainless steel.
BlueScope Recycling is focused on achieving long-term sustainable growth by applying extensive knowledge and experience to support the unique needs of generators and consumers of scrap metal.
BlueScope Recycling is part of the BlueScope family of businesses. For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles and heavy equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Service fleet vehicles per company maintenance schedules and/or from driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIR).
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues and make necessary repairs, adjustments or replacements.
- Inspect, lubricate, and service vehicles and equipment.
- Complete adjustments, repairs, and component replacements to vehicles, equipment, and related components.
- Check, fill, and/or change appropriate fluids for all vehicle parts and check/change filters.
- Inspect, repair and/or overhaul vehicle support systems, such as electrical, air, and brake systems.
- Identify and perform repairs and adjustments to various components and operating systems on the vehicles, equipment or related components.
- Perform roadside repairs and adjustments.
- Ensure all safety devices on vehicles are in good working order.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, Trade school
- 2 years minimum experience Maintenance/Mechanic preferred
- Hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- Welding and grinding
- Sort and identify tools and parts
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Pass a pre-employment background check
- Willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays
- Sit, stand, walk, and stoop for long periods of time
- Able to climb in/on mobile equipment
- Exposure to physical operations in scrap recycling facilities, including walking/climbing in active industrial yards with uneven surfaces in inclement weather
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
BlueScope Recycling and Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are driving forces in the success of our company.