Quality Assurance Specialist - Houston, TX
- Job Posting Date: 03-Oct-2023
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The position is based in Houston, TX.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for the quality of all products processed by BlueScope Coated Products (BCP). The Quality Assurance Specialist ensures that the products and services provided are of the highest quality and meet or exceed customer needs. This is accomplished by developing and maintaining standard practices and procedures, developing and enhancing quality systems documentation and processes, implementing continuous improvement initiatives, ensuring calibration and control of all instruments utilized to evaluate the attributes of finished product, and controlling and dispositioning all non-compliant (HFI) materials (raw and finished) that are quarantined from a shop order. The Quality Assurance Specialist also serves as a product technical resource to internal and external customers and keeps current on required industry/market specifications.
- Implements and enforces BCP’s ISO-compliant Quality and Environmental Management System throughout the product realization processes.
- Responsible for process quality and yield improvement activities on the Coil Coating Line
- Assumes an active role with regard to ISO auditing and compliance activities.
- Including but not limited to: CAR/PAR problem solving, calibration control, development and control of SOP/WI/Forms, performing Internal Audits
- Performs daily analysis, disposition, and management of non-compliant (HFI) material(s) diverted from the production process.
- Tracks, manages, and reports raw materials consumed on the coil coating line. This includes improving/eliminating the consumption of raw materials where possible to reduce operating cost without impacting the process or product quality.
- Analyzes process data to validate or refine the Quality Control standards in place on the production line.
- Develops and generates product quality/performance reports as assigned.
- Assists the Quality Assurance Specialist with reviewing, approving, and ensuring the correctness of the process parameters designed into each incoming shop order (Contract Review)
- Performs all of the functions of the Quality Assurance Specialist when called upon due to vacation, illness or other reason for absence
- Lead and support vendor claim and customer complaint investigations
- Lead and support continuous improvement initiatives
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 3 years of experience working in a steel processing, manufacturing, or Quality Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering related studies
- 5+ years of Coil Paint Line experience
- Oracle experience
- Project Leadership experience
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.