Human Resources Generalist
- Job Posting Date: 19-Oct-2023
- Department: Human Resources
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Human Resources Generalist deploys HR processes, policies, and practices that align with the goals of the business. The Generalist provides HR support services to employees in the areas of benefits, policies, and payroll and supports locations as a subject matter expert with benefit administration, compensation planning, HRIS guidance, and HR related special projects. They also partner with the talent acquisition team to support recruitment and selection.
In addition to the Memphis office location this position also supports two offices locations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Human Resources support services to employees in the areas of benefits, policies, and payroll
- Support recruiting and staffing activities, including diversity and affirmative action efforts
- Counsel and advise supervisors and managers regarding company policies and procedures, and all aspects of employment law
- Maintain data in HRIS system and personnel records
- Administer leave management
- Facilitate new employee onboarding, separation process, benefit open enrollment, and other employee related activities
- Coordinate events and activities that target employee engagement and recognition
- Facilitate training and development sessions
- Provide support with performance management system
- Administer worker’s compensation claim management
- 3 years of Human Resources experience
- Bachelor of Business Administration with concentration in Human Resources, Psychology or related field preferred
- Human Resources experience in a construction, engineering or similar environment preferred
- Knowledge and application of employment laws
- Knowledge and application of benefit plans
Skills and Competencies
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Values diversity
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and effectively plan and prioritize work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to prepare and present meeting materials to large groups
- Respect confidentiality of information
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.