ERP Developer II
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Job Posting Date: 05-Apr-2023
- Department: Information Systems
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The ERP Development group creates and supports Oracle ERP systems and solutions. This can include, but is not limited to, the Oracle EBS, EDI, Forms, Power BI, APEX, or any other business system deemed viable. The department applies best practices and innovative technology to stakeholder and business issues to find solutions that maximize investment value.
The ERP Developer II works directly with the team to ensure that enhancements and service requests are completed to the highest quality and that standards are kept throughout the team. The Developer assists and teaches other developers about enhancements. They work independently with other groups and departments to maintain the best practices and with the team to help understand all areas of our business to be able to assist the team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a lead consultant in the technical track of the company’s Oracle EBS practice. Provide key technical consulting support in developing enhancements
- Manage and lead small business technology projects
- Manage and own system integration and train other Developers to understand it better
- Proactively research, learn, and apply modern technology and methods to improve current business practices.
- Work with older code to find more efficient ways to process as well as review others’ code to make it more efficient.
- Associate degree or 2 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- PL/SQL development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years PL/SQL development experience
Skills & Competencies
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Programming — Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.