ERP Developer I
- Job Posting Date: 05-Apr-2023
- Department: Information Systems
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The ERP Development group creates and supports Oracle ERP systems and solutions. This can include, but is not limited to, the Oracle EBS, EDI, Forms, Power BI, APEX, or any other business system deemed viable. The department applies best practices and innovative technology to stakeholder and business issues to find solutions that maximize investment value.
The ERP Developer I work directly with the business to ensure enhancements and service requests are completed fully to meet or exceed the business needs. The Developer maintains business systems that need to communicate by working with other IT teams. They work as a team to understand all areas of the business in order to assist the team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Works on enhancement requests that have been approved by the business.
- Monitors and works with the business on service requests that arrive daily.
- Communicates and works with the business to help plan solutions that work within the ecosystem.
- Proactively researches, learns, and applies new technology and methods to improve current business practices.
- Associate degree or 2 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- PL/SQL development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years of PL/SQL development experience
Skills & Competencies
- Customer focus
- Personable team player
- Action oriented
- Sense of urgency
- Career ambition
- Learning on the fly
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Technical learning
- Functional and technical skills
- Written communications
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.