Material Handler - Packer
- Shift: 3rd Shift
- Job Posting Date: 29-Mar-2023
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology, and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright, and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
BlueScope is offering a $500 Sign-On bonus! Join our team today.
The Material Handler – Packer’s primary functions are to package, identify, safely transport, and stage all finished goods material. The Material Handler – Packer must also band, identify and store any non-conforming material coming off the exit end of the paint line. Must inventory and maintain adequate levels of packaging material and inform PL Production Leaders of any needed supplies. The Material Handler – Packer is also required to assist the Exit End Operator and/or Material Handler - Exit End Helper when necessary and maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Responsible for maintaining & preparing adequate packaging material levels to be used for packaging finished coils.
- Responsible for packaging and safely transporting finished coils and other materials to their designated location. Responsible for verifying that all coils coming off the production line are properly identified and tagged with a coil ticket prior to being moved to a storage area.
- Responsible for verifying that all coils coming off the production line are properly identified, tagged with a coil ticket prior to being moved and scanned to the storage location in which they are moved.
- Responsible for quarantining non-conforming material (using the HFI process) and notifying Quality Control when non-conforming conditions exist.
- Responsible for assisting on coater room wash-ups, set-ups roll changes, and other duties when needed or called upon.
- Responsible for assisting Exit End Operators and Material Handler – Exit, when necessary, in effort to prevent coil back up or bottle necking at turnstile.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental principles associated with the Quality and Environmental Management System in place at BCP of Georgia, Inc.
- Responsible for communicating daily with internal personnel from Maintenance, Operations and Quality departments in efforts to resolve any problems and to help achieve company goals.
- If (in the event of an abnormal occurrence) an employee feels uncomfortable, unsure or unable to safely correct an issue, that employee must contact a member of plant leadership for assistance prior to attempting to correct the issue.
- Responsible for assisting coaters during all roll changes and during all paint changes. Paint change exception being top head color change only.
- Responsible for assisting with repairs in the event of a strip break.
To perform satisfactorily in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or (GED).
The ability to read and comprehend documents including: safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and simple correspondence. Also, the ability to communicate information in small group situation’s to other employees
Ability to calculate figure’s and amounts such as fractions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
The ability to apply common sense understanding to: perform work instructions that are furnished in written, oral or diagram form. The ability to solve problems which, involve multiple variables in a standard situation.
Other Skills & Abilities:
Incumbent is required to drive a forklift operate an overhead crane and use various power tools. The incumbent must be trained and capable of assuming the position of payoff operator when necessary. The incumbent should also be capable of recognizing metal defects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance. The employee will be required to be capable of lifting a minimum weight of 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.