Sr. Quality & Technical Engineer
- Job Posting Date: 07-Dec-2022
- Department: Engineering Services
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Senior Quality & Technical Engineer is mainly responsible for customer claims resolution. The incumbent acts as a technical partner and resource for Sales, Marketing, Logistics and Operations as well as customers. The incumbent provides training on product and customer requirements, strengthens customer relations, resolves claims in a timely manner, minimizes the financial impact of non-conforming product and develops continuous improvement projects both internally and with customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Enter, process and investigate customer claims (coil and warranty); determine appropriate disposition, coordinate with supply chain (as needed) and manage remedies and repairs.
- Analyze product defects, induced by Steelscape or customer, develop root causes and corrective actions.
- Provide training on product and customer requirements and product service improvement related to quality.
- Ensure customers have a thorough understanding of Steelscape’s products and manufacturing capabilities.
- Lead or support continuous improvement initiatives at all levels throughout the organization.
- Evaluating customer specifications and analyzing Steelscape’s capabilities in relation.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in metal manufacturing or coatings industry in a quality system, product engineer, technical representative, or operations role.
- Good problem solving, analytical, reading, and writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work under stressful conditions and time deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science or another technical field
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.