- Shift: 1st Shift
- Job Posting Date: 17-Mar-2023
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
BlueScope Coated Products is now offering a $500 Sign-On Bonus! Join our team today!
As a member of the BCP Middletown Maintenance Manager, the Electrical Engineer directs the design and installation of new or replacement electrical and automation equipment, develops standards for reliability and guidelines for engineering and maintenance activities on said equipment, ensures engineering drawings and technical information are kept up to date for equipment identified.
In addition, the Electrical Engineer is also responsible for the daily maintenance activities on equipment and systems within the electrical engineer’s responsibility. The Electrical Engineer may also be tasked with supporting other maintenance activities during breakdowns, line shuts, annual shuts or when the need arises.
- Identify and implement process equipment improvements utilizing reliability-based maintenance philosophy.
- Lead the design and development of electrical projects and initiatives within the plant.
- Work with planners/scheduler to develop detailed shutdown work plans.
- Establishing repair priorities through communications with the operating departments, line maintenance associates and planners. Keeping Planners informed as to status of equipment repair. Documentation of activities and status in the work orders.
- Ensures engineering drawings, maintenance procedures and technical information are kept up to date.
- Provide direction to maintenance associates and contract labor.
- Optimize spares holding levels, develop efficient supply contracts and minimize stock holding costs.
- Develop & organize training programs for maintenance associates that apply to operations, maintenance and safety.
- Carries out root cause analysis on equipment failures and takes appropriate measures to prevent failures from reoccurring. Assist other maintenance activities across BCP as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated initiative, critical thinking and problem-soling ability.
- Prior intern or co-op engineering work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience working with production and maintenance teams to evaluate equipment performance, propose improvements and implement change.
- Prior experience in maintaining, upgrading and fault-finding electrical equipment such as PLC’s, HMI’s and AC/DC drives.
- Prior exposure to developing scope, getting quotations, and working with engineering and construction firms to take projects from concept to commissioning/handover.
- Ability to effectively manage projects from conception to completion. Include budgeting, design, manpower allocation, timeline development, documentation and technical instruction.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems through application of principals of mechanics, electricity, and fluid dynamics to machines and equipment.
- Ability to understand the operation of moderately complex tools, machines and systems.
- Ability to operate and understand a variety of computer applications and systems such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Oracle.
- Ability to work on Rockwell, PLC, Rockwell drives and make process changes/write programs as needed.
- Drive for Results
- Drive to develop effective teams/projects.
- Process Management
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Written Communications
- Functional/Technical skills
- Flexibility to support the operational needs of a manufacturing business.
- Team orientated.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
May be required to work non-traditional business hours to accommodate various testing activities, implementations, conversions, projects, business contingencies, availability of work or resources, network or system application failures, etc.
May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project, and/or work load including overtime with minimal notification (e.g., evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)
On-call support may be required and may include 24x7 coverage
Scheduled work hours, including rotating shifts, may vary to support a 24x7 operation (e.g., early mornings, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.)
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.