Buyer (PC/IC Specialist)
- Job Posting Date: 10-Nov-2022
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
- Procure raw materials and finished goods ensuring all material is in place to ship all orders on time and 100% complete
- Manage part settings, maintain purchase order dates and monitor expected receipts report and invoice issues within the Compass system
- Perform cycle counts of raw materials and/or finished goods, investigating discrepancies prior to reporting findings to management
- Review local supplier pricing and performance and provide feedback for corporate approved suppliers concerning performance as requested by central purchasing
- Review inventory stocking levels to facilitate low inventory turns and inventory levels that directly correlate with business levels
Minimum Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Purchasing experience
3+ years purchasing experience
Skills & Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Compass ERP System
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Understanding of manufacturing capabilities & processes
- Action oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Drive for results
- Oral & written communication
- Problem Solving
- Inventory Management
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.