- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Department: Human Resources
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Benefits Coordinator assists with the day to day administration of the BlueScope group benefits program, including assisting employees with benefits enrollment and questions, verifying all insurance billing, maintaining employee database and files, and ensuring compliance with required benefit notices.
The Benefits Coordinator will be expected to:
- Assist with special projects as necessary – i.e., implement new policies and procedures, introduce new health and welfare tools for employees, etc.
- Assist with Short Term and Long-Term Disability programs to ensure compliance,
- Prepare and verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative questions with the carrier representatives.
- Assist Benefit Manager in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health and welfare plans that benefit the company.
- Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Assist Benefit Manager in completing benefits reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years of relevant experience in employee benefits administration
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Working knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations and filing/compliance required
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and CEBS professional designations preferred
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.