Production Planning Coordinator
- Tacoma, WA, USA
- Department: Manufacturing
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western U.S., servicing customers from six locations. ASC Profiles services various segments of the steel construction industry through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC Building Products.
The Production Planning Coordinator in a back up and or shared capacity to the AEP Span planner roles is responsible for creating production schedules for specific product area that allow efficient time for orders to be produced, meeting all ship dates and maintaining work-load balance throughout all shifts. The Production Planner Coordinator in coordination is accountable for managing the customer orders after they are received and processed by customer service. This is a hands-on role with the Production Planning Coordinator working actively and in coordination with onsite production planning, manufacturing, customer service, and procurement teams to achieve outcomes detailed. This role may have some responsibilities in operations in the areas of production and shipping.
- Production Planner backup support during increase workload, time off, and as a training and development opportunity (i.e. purchasing duties, inventory management, assist in carrying out strategic planning).
- Upon review of sales orders, drawings and/or plans; establishes production schedules for multiple pieces of equipment related to the process (flat sheet, shear, slitter etc.)
- Maintains accurate production planning to meet site capacity, including modifying and adapting production scheduling, issuing run lists, production related paperwork, and issuing order amendments to accommodate revisions, cancellations or priorities.
- Overseeing full-cycle process of standard stocked flat sheet program, including creating a purchase req. worksheet and maintaining/updating production orders and Flatsheet STO’s to meet customer demand, while maintaining minimal aged flat sheet position.
- Schedule, participate and maintain Flat sheet Cycle count processing to ensure Flat sheet inventory accuracy throughout the year.
- Responsible for Flat sheet related inventory responsibilities during site bi-annual inventory process.
- Daily communication with customer service team about orders and production schedules.
- Maintains daily and weekly productivity records and throughput capacity data.
- Support operations team with review of production recording and allocation issues in SAP.
- Site supply ordering and maintain site supply order program.
- Process MRF’s (Materials Request Forms) timely for lead-time and coil availability recommendations to Customer Service.
- Schedule DAR’s (Delivery Assistance Requests) as need to support order fulfilments and maintain site DAR log.
- Works with production planning team to identify and develop plans to improve costs in key areas around process scrap, errors, overtime, utilization, scrap, flow.
- Supports Manufacturing and shipping operational functions through production, inventory management support and organizational work.
- Works with Operations teams to support site and business improvement projects and tracking.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- 2 years of experience in a high-volume production environment are required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a scheduling or production planning role is strongly preferred.
- Experience with an ERP system. SAP experience is strongly preferred.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively
- Ability to effectively manage priorities and workflows
- Attendance – Adheres to start and finish times of shift (including meal and rest periods), can be depended on to regularly attend work
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Capability – Willingness to learn new tasks. Embrace change, is a quick learner.
- Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting or exceeding internal and external customer requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Follow BSL safety standards.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Influencing – Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide (peers and superiors) toward goal achievement; modifying style to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved.
- Initiative – looks for and suggests ideas for improvement and in involved in their development.
- Listening – Seeks, receives and understands communications i.e., practices attentive and active listening.
- Peer Relationships – Finds common grounds to solve problems, is a team player, able to gain peer support.
- Proficiency in the English language, with effective oral and written communication skills
- Teamwork Cooperation – Aware of the effect of one’s behavior. Actively participates in teams affectively.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
ASC Profiles LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.