Professional Engineer, Butler Builder Services
- Job Posting Date: 7-Sep-2021
- Department: Builder Services
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Professional Engineer, Builders Services provides Builders with advanced Anchor Rod Drawings & Details, as well as reactions, for projects that meet predefined criteria. This role closely works in collaboration with the Project Manager, Estimator (if applicable), Project Clarifier, Production Design Engineer, and the Butler Builder. This Professional Engineer role seeks to meet or exceed the Butler Builders' expectations while maintaining Butler’s focus on safety, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Verify loading and building geometry are accurate with thorough review of project documents (including estimating files) as well as communication with the Builder
- Create and provide Builder with Anchor Rod Drawings and Reaction reports
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with Project Team to ensure final design agrees with advanced deliverables
- Maintain database of potential orders for advanced anchor rods
- Screen orders for (and assist Clarifiers with) structural items
- Provide technical expertise to Builders
- Identify opportunities to increase or preserve the Projects’ profit margin
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineering Registration
- 6 years of Engineering experience in metal building industry
- 2 years of Engineering experience on complex multi-unit projects
- Solid knowledge of Building Codes
- Experience with BBNA/Butler systems and applications
- Experience/Knowledge of Butler Product and Design Procedures
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Brand specific experience
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Customer focus, both internal and external
- Effective Communication
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working Peer Relationships
- PC competent, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Action Oriented
- Integrity and Trust
- Technical Skills & Learning
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Drive for Results
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.