Estimator- PE I
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Job Posting Date: 16-Aug-2021
- Department: Estimating
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Sales team implements strategies to achieve sustainable sales and financial results, maintain and grow customer base, and pursue growth in the buildings business while evaluating potential projects for profitability and mitigating risks.
The Professional Engineer I role provides regional builders with timely, accurate and optimal structural estimates, solutions, and pre-order assistance. This role also provides mentoring and guidance to other team members and peer estimators, and acts as the Lead Estimator’s back up when needed.
- Utilize the company’s proprietary pricing and design tools to provide timely, accurate and optimal quotations and pre-order assistance to the regional builders
- Generate and provide voluntary value engineering alternates to promote company products
- Communicate and discuss with regional builders on accurate scope of the proposal inclusions and exclusions
- Time management - Prioritize tasks and manage multiple quotes to meet varying customer requests
- As a member of high-performance work team, focus on achieving department objectives, profitability goals, and striving for continuous improvement
- Collaborates with project teams to discuss problems and challenges and help create cost effective and efficient solutions
- Evaluate peer estimators’ proposals for accuracy, completeness, and optimal solution
- Mentor and assist entry level and other peer estimators when needed
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Professional Engineering registration
- 4 years of engineering experience
- Solid knowledge of building codes and specifications
- 2+ years of pre-engineered building (PEB) experience
- Competent in company systems and applications
- Competent knowledge of company product and design procedures
Skills and Competencies:
- PC competence (Including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Technical skills
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
- Integrity and trustworthy
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Effective communication
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.