- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Job Posting Date: 8-Oct-2021
- Department: Builder Services
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Project Manager provides project management services that meet or exceed Builders’ expectations throughout the life of the project and remains the single point of contact for the project. The Manager provides timely and concise verbal and written communications and promptly responds to Builders’ requests. They employ sound risk management principles that meet or exceed project and regional /business profitability goals, and establish and ensure milestone dates and deliverables are met. The Project Manager also supports and engages in a collaborative work environment between all internal company functions and builds trust among peers and customers by developing strong relationships.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Focus on safety to achieve company’s goal of Zero Harm
- Contribute to providing services and products with Zero Defects
- Problem solve field issues and resolve claims
- Facilitate communications with builders during the engineering stage of projects
- Perform business audit to ensure accuracy of order entry and fully understand scope of work
- Manage and maintain backlog order management data
- Facilitate kick-off and hand-off meetings
- Establish and monitor milestone dates and communicate schedule to builders
- Manage change orders
- Manage supplier items
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Associate or 2-year technical degree
- 4 years of relevant work experience
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of pre-engineered metal building (PEMB) experience
- Problem solving
- Negotiating and conflict resolution
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Time management
- Proactive approve to managing projects and takes ownership of their projects
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.