- St Joseph, MO, USA
- Job Posting Date: 15-Oct-2020
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Production Leader provides leadership and directly supervises and coordinates the activities of manufacturing production, shipping, and maintenance workers. The Production Leader ensures that work is processed through their department safely, efficiently and within quality standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety and environmental policies and contribute to the company’s Zero Harm commitment
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals
- Maintain operations data such as productivity and material usage and report result to management.
- Confer with management and other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Work directly with employees to resolve work related issues, quality issues, productivity issues and conduct training
- Maintain proper reporting of time and attendance within the timekeeping database
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Perform housekeeping, 5-S, and other duties as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of material
- The ability to communicate verbally and in written form as well as listen and take time to understand issues that arise
- The ability to tell when a process may go wrong or is designed incorrectly and act to correct
- The ability to discern the most favorable course of action when considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions within their department
- The ability to motivate, develop and direct employees as they work, developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with fellow employees
- The ability to multi-task and be involved with several aspects of departmental processes at any given time
- Able to fully understand and use all equipment and tools in department
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Associates degree in Business or a related field
- 1+ years leadership experience
- 5+ years manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.