- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Job Posting Date: 8-Oct-2021
- Department: Builder Services
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Provide Project Management and Departmental support that meets or exceeds team members and management’s expectations. Provide timely and concise verbal and written communications, and promptly respond to requests. Employ sound risk management principles that meet or exceed project and divisional and regional profitability goals and establish/ensure milestone dates and deliverables are met. Support and engage in a collaborative work environment between all internal BlueScope disciplines. Build trust amongst peers and customers by developing strong relationships.
- Assist in Compass input. Buyout Purchase Orders, EZparts, Components website orders, Manage Backlog, Generate customer PO’s and other divisional or departmental specific documents, etc.
- Reporting: BI, Compass, Expense, Project Review, Claims/SR’s
- Invoicing, Receiving, Match Holds
- Organize department meetings/events/meals, travel arrangements, conference registrations, etc.
- Admin Assist: Ordering dept. supplies, updating Phone list/org chart/ sharepoint, document center
- Issue and resolve claims and warranties
- 1 year related work experience
Associates degree or 2 year technical
Skills & Competencies:
- Proven Track record of high performance
- Knowledge of good business practices
- MS Office Competent
- Understanding of dept. processes
- Efficient problem solving
- Makes decisions to reduce cost (e.g. materials / spend reduction)
- Prioritizes & manages time
- Follows through on commitments
- Has a positive attitude at work and shares this with others
- Proactively develops the skills and knowledge required
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.