Lead Estimator, Butler Corporate Accounts
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Job Posting Date: 8-Apr-2021
- Department: Estimating
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Lead Estimator supervises a staff to support the Butler Corporate Accounts team to achieve revenue goals and profit growth. They build and lead an effective team, ensure team members deliver accurate quotation assistance, and provide a high level of customer service to Corporate Account Managers and builders.
- Ensure the estimating team provides assigned builders timely, accurate and optimal quotations and pre-order assistance.
- Support the Sales Managers with any needed information concerning quotations to allow their setting of final price to the builders.
- Drive the development of a high performance work team focused on achieving regional objectives and profitability goals.
- Develop Value Engineering alternatives for owner and contractor design build projects.
- Provide project managers, engineers, clarifiers and other internal customers with post order pricing and solutions.
- Schedule and manage the estimating work load.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with emphasis in Structural or Architectural
- Professional Engineering license
- 5 years of relevant work experience in structural steel manufacturing, construction estimating or business management experience
- 5 years of customer quoting experience and direct involvement with sales
- Construction knowledge including understanding and interpreting plans and specifications
- Experience developing and managing strong customer relationships
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.