- Greensboro, NC, USA
- Department: Estimating
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
The Sales Team implements strategies to achieve sustainable sales and financial results, maintain and grow customer accounts, and pursue profitable growth in pre-engineering buildings and services while evaluating potential projects for profitability and risk management.
The Estimator IV provides support to the business, builders, architects, and end customers by providing up front product knowledge, pricing, details, and complete estimating and technical support. The Estimator provides regional builders with timely, accurate and optimal structural estimates and pre-order assistance. They also provide daily guidance to entry level and peer
- Ensure regional builders are provided with timely, accurate and optimal quotations and pre-order assistance. Provides structural quotations that are cost effective and efficient designs.
- Assist builders with understanding company pricing software and its capabilities
- Support the salesforce with any needed information regarding quotations to allow setting of the final price to builders
- Actively participate in a high-performance work team focused on achieving regional objectives and profitability goals
- Increase or maintain department quote hit ratio
- Maintain quote logs and data for department metrics and archive of quote histories
- Mentor entry level and peer Estimators
- Bachelor's Degree is Civil or Structural Engineering
- 4 years of progressive experience in estimating design, project management or related field
- Solid knowledge of building codes
- Professional Engineer license
- Advanced certifications
- Leading company product knowledge and knowledge of key internal and external contacts
- Proficient in use of company engineering software, brand process and pricing systems with ability to train others
- Experience in estimating pre-engineered buildings systems
- Leading knowledge of company’s products, processes and building
Skills and Competencies:
- PC competence (Including Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
- Integrity and trust
- Peer and collaborative relationships
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.