Machine Operator 1 Second Shift Secondaries Mfg Hdw
- Jackson, TN, USA
- Job Posting Date: 13-Oct-2021
- Shift: 2nd Shift
- Department: Manufacturing
For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them!
Under general supervision, the Machine Operator 1 sets up and operates production machines in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. The Machine Operator 1 reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery, as well as adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate machines to cut, punch, bend, weld or otherwise shape material into specified components to support current material demands
- Set up machine and confirm specifications for needed material from drawings, blueprints, tablet or other means
- Use lifting devices such as cranes, forklifts or other equipment to place materials/parts where needed
- Use appropriate measuring tools, processes and systems to perform First Piece Inspection and other quality checks before, during and after production to confirm material and/or product meets specifications
- Actively participates in continuous improvement and corrective action activities
- Maintain inventory or material used and general machine maintenance
- Perform housekeeping, 5S and other duties as assigned
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, or attain ACT WorkKeys Assessment at certified job profile skill level
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Basic Computer skills
- Knowledge or raw materials and production processes
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance
- Ability to read blueprints
- Overhead crane and/or hoists. May require other mobile equipment.
- Variety of measuring tools including square, tape measure, caliper, micrometer, etc.
- Variety of hand tools including grinder, hands free tooling, etc.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.